Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Good morning Alex, I have just read a posting by a Maurice

Customer Question

Good morning Alex, I have just read a posting by a Maurice G regarding Wallshield. It is filed under Category: Law, last posting submitted 11 months ago. We met The Wallshield Company on 24th January 2014, signed a contract and paid a deposit of £4,700. At the time, we agreed that we would go back to them in July to confirm the work could take place by August as we had other building work which had to take place beforehand. Imagine my surprise when I called their head office number (020 7419 5670) this morning, 28th July, and discovered they had gone into voluntary liquidation at the beginning of the year and we had heard nothing. I did a quick search on the internet and found various negative postings about them including this one from Maurice. Can you help me please - on the face of it, it appears they have obtained my deposit potentially knowing that they were going into liquidation which appears to be their modus operandi. Thank you Colette
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Good afternoon
Please could you send me the link to the Q&A to which you refer?
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Hi Collette
You are in the unfortunate position, like many others, of having entered an agreement with a company which has a poor business track record and seems to have left a trail of debts and unhappy customers. I cannot check what the position is regarding liquidation as I do not have that information available to me; but if indeed the company is being liquidated the only thing you can do is register the deposit that you paid in the hope of getting something back. The reality, however, is that you have probably lost your money. If it can be proven that directors have acted fraudulently then they could be held personally liable and/ prosecuted but that is unlikely to get your money back.