UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My wife and her sister purchased a property in approx 1995.

Customer Question

My wife and her sister purchased a property in approx 1995. My wife and I were married in 1998 and I contributed fully to upkeep finances etc. In known to me she and her sister saw a solicitor in about 2005. She now states that I have now legal recall to any monies associated with the property. We are currently at logger heads and she has asked my to move out. What are my rights?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
If the property has been your matrimonial home, you have a right to live in it until your divorce is finalised.
So, you do not need to move out and depending on your personal circumstances, you may be awarded a share of the property even though your name is ***** ***** the deeds.
The usual starting point is 50/50 split of the assets belonging to the couple.
May I help further?