UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Good evening I have just informed that my brother passed away

Customer Question

Good evening
I have just informed that my brother passed away last week in Sofia, Bulgaria, he was discovered on 25-7 and apparently died in his sleep, he was on holiday on his own. I have informed his daughter and passed on the details from the Bulgarian Embassy given me by the police, could you please tell me what I should do and what I should expect as regard identification of the remains and getting the body back to the UK, would be eternally for any information you could give me at this time.
Regards,
Mick Calter
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mick,
I am very sorry to hear of your brother's passing on.
I would advise you to contact the local British Embassy for assistance.
This document gives information on the procedure involved
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/193657/Death_Overseas_web_13.pdf
May I help further?