UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have purchased a Hotpoint fridge freezer for a property

Customer Question

I have purchased a Hotpoint fridge freezer for a property I own in Spain. Having had difficulty registering the product on line I contacted Hotpoint in the UK. I was told that there is no guarantee or warranty on the product once it has left the UK. Is this legal under EU law and who is responsible if the product should become faulty within 2 years? Kind regards, ***** ***** X XXXXX.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I'm quite happy to wait for an answer. Please let me know if you require more information.

Kind regards,

Malcolm J Lewis.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I have just seen your query.
Yes, you have been advised correctly, the guarantee/warranty will only apply in the UK if you bought the freezer in the UK. It does not apply outside the jurisdiction of the UK as it is not portable.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I needed some re-assurance from someone other than Hotpoint and got it from you. Though I have to say it took 5 days for a reply which was a bit longer than I expected.

Kind regards,

Malcolm J Lewis.

Thank you and sorry for the delayed response.