29905560

Hi I need some advice on bullying and harassment at work.I

Customer Question

Hi I need some advice on bullying and harassment at work.I have been isolated, ignored and deliberately excluded. over supervised verbally abused and intimidated by 3 work colleagues and the supervisor for about 2 years. It then started to get too much and i went to the manager for help about 10 months ago he advised that i took an informal grievance out on the supervisor and he put suggestions of how he would deal with the work colleagues. Nothing happened until about 4 months ago when the supervisor was moved to another dept and a new supervisor was instated but he was a newly promoted one with no experience so he said was unable to deal with the colleagues harassment. then about 2 months ago he decided to start intimidating and harassing me. on june the 4th i was called to a meeting with the stock manager and was told i had to be the bigger person and start talking to the bullies as b&q had started a new policy of respect and if i did not pass this i would be dismissed fortunately i taped the conversation but unfortunately it left me feeling totally victimised and distraught so bad in fact that i did in fact break down and could not carry on with my job and had to go home, after this i did not feel i could go through anymore meetings with managers to complain about things which has now led to me being signed off work with work related stress. I have been off now for just over the 2 weeks as the doctor has just signed me off for another 2 weeks as in the first 2 weeks i have had 3 phone calls (not answered by me as i feel totally intimidated) and 7 letters ( which my daughter has had to open and read) the last one threatening dismissal all of which i find totally unacceptable. i now do not feel safe to go back to the work i have done for the last 8 1/2 years and loved and expected to be at until i retire in 11 years time my life has been totally ruined by this and do not know what to do anymore could you please help at all. Lynn
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you hoping to achieve in this situation?
Customer:

as i say in my letter i would like some advice on what to do