75100385

hi How can I stop my community council putting a bottle bank

Customer Question

hi
How can I stop my community council putting a bottle bank right next to my house???

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Is it on their land? Have you made a formal complaint please?
JACUSTOMER-ltyw7pnj- :

The land they intend to put the bottle bank on does belong to them. It is currently a strip of land with some grass which is about a two meters higher than they pine end wall of my house. They will have to level the land and also put hard standing down to accommodate the bottle bank. I have written a letter of complaint to the community council explaining how I feel about the matter and also asked if they could do a structural report as to how the extra weight could affect my property; neither of these has been acknowledged. The bottle bank is only a 100m away from my property and it is very noisy day and night, so to bring it any closer will be very upsetting for us.

Alex Watts :

You can do several things:

Alex Watts :

1) Complain to your Councillor - he is elected and is there do represent the ward.

Alex Watts :

2) Complain to the Council - they have a Chief Officer and once you write they need to investigate the complaint. The Council will consider their position and provide a response

Alex Watts :

3) Ombudsman - once you have the Council's response you can complain to the Ombudsman. They offer a free and independent service, but you can't complain to them until you have had a final response. Their website is: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

4) Judicial Review - once you have been through the above steps, you can ask a High Court Judge to review the decision who will see if it is legal and reasonable. A Judge can affirm the decision or remit it back for further consideration

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/