13262538

We are adoptive parents and want to know if our names will

We are adoptive parents and want to know if our names will be read out at the adoption order court cases by court or social services (we ticked identity confidential on application form) as we do not want the birth parents to know our name for child protection reasons?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
If there is a risk to the child then you can be certain that your names will NOT be disclosed by the Court.
I hope all goes well for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But who gets to say there is a risk us or social services and can we request that our identity is protected and not used by court or social services? The birth parents are informed of the court date and location and are able to attend. But they live less than 5 miles away from us and that alone is a risk, this is the 5 child to be taken away from them, child protection categories child abuse/ neglect. Please advise.
Just to check - are you talking about your actual adoption day?
Or the placement Irder?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Adoption order day transferring legal responsibility to us.
Ok
It is very sensible of you to be concerned - it is a very special day (I have had one) and not one you wish to have spoilt in any way.
In general terms there will be no notices up with your name on - just the adoption number; and the Usher does not generally call out names for privacy reasons (to protect the identity of the child)
I suggest that you contact the court and ask if there is a separate waiting room where you can wait for the case to be called to avoid any chance of being recognised
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The issue is not us seeing the birth parents as we are advised not to attend the adoption order case but we are concerned if the birth parents attend even if they just sit in the gallery we do not want them to know our names for obvious reasons. Can we contact the court to request our names are withheld ?
You have already done so - and this will be respected
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does that mean social services will also not say our names in court ? Sorry just want to be clear where we stand as social services seem to think there is no risk with birth parents knowing our first names and we disagree.
They could refer to your first names.
I suggest that you write to the Court expressing your concerns - and address it to the Judge