13262538

Hi My brother is the excetor of my parents will. He has asked

My brother is the excetor of my parents will. He has asked to see my bank statements, dating back to 2011. He has already seen them online, now wants printed versions. As an excetor of the will, does he have this right?
Was this an account you held jointly with your parents?
When did they die?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The account is my own current account. My father died end of April this year and my mother passed away middle of July.

Myself and my brother were POA. I became a carer for my parents and visited them daily from Aug last year.

I did have access to their account, also my brother did. I only accessed my parents account on their say so. When they gave me their card. My brother had access online.

We did not activate the POA with my father, because he was of sound mind. He did give me money to pay for my car to be serviced and have a new set of tyres plus petrol money, as I was travelling a round trip of 50 miles a day.He also paid off my car loan. Mum went into a care home February this year.

My brother is questioning where has the extra money I have taken out for my parents. Which I can not explain and I have no idear where or what my parents have spent it on. I also would like to know, I just feel my bother is pointing the finger at me.

You do not need to show him anything at all - he has no right to see your Bank Statements at all and you should simply refuse.
Please ask if you need further details