13262538

My father died in June 2001. I have just discovered that my

My father died in June 2001. I have just discovered that my half sister may have concealed information about his assets, claiming that he owned nothing at the date of his death and had no will. If I can now prove otherwise is it too late to do anything?
What information have you discovered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sure - what do you need to know?

DH

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What I have learnt so far is that he had owned a property which only appears to have been sold about a year after his death. Shortly after that sale my sister moved to Gloucester and bought a house for cash - the first time she had ever had a property with no mortage

I don't yet know if a will was probated - I am looking into that now but clearly if there is some sort of statute of limitations which means that even if she has done something illegal / immoral back in 2001 that it is too late to challenge it then it would be pointless pursuing further enquiries

Have you searched the Probate Registry?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have submitted a request for a search but not heard back yet. My concern is whether, assuming that the estate was not distributed correctly, it is too late for me to sue my sister to get the position corrected.

If there has been fraud then it is not too late
If she simply misled you so that you did not file a claim against a Will that left everything to her then sadly no
That is of course a very basic overview - please ask if you need further details