12826847

I have recently had to ask for a caravan that my ex partner

Customer Question

I have recently had to ask for a caravan that my ex partner was living in to be repossessed because of failing to maintain payments for site fees and supplies to the caravan. All these are in my name but I have not been there for approx 3 years. The van will be resold to repay any outstanding monies to the finance company and hopefully to pay off outstanding charges. My ex has said that he is leaving the debt to me as I have forced the issue and he also will not be paying my deposit, the last of my savings/pension that I had in the world. How do I stand legally and can I peruse him for it. He said he has no money but told me recently he was selling some shares and would give me some money he also has a factory and offices in mortgage to the bank and hs been trying to sell this for some considerable time.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Was he paying rent for living in the caravan was not all up-to-date?

What debts exactly is he leaving to you is he supposed to pay that he is not paying?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It will be the shortfall in site fees and utilities supply if these are not met from the resale of the caravan due to repossession. And the debt to me which he promised to pay me back was the deposit I paid £20000, which was/is all I had left in the world. I suppose technically he was renting and has maintained the finance payments for 2 years with 1 or 2 hiccups, however the shortfall has occurred because he said he didn't know about the site fee increase but I did send him a copy of the annual statement and recently I've spoken to him twice about the utilities and sent him copies of the account. When I challenged him last weekend he tried to coheres me into writing a letter to him stating that I wouldn't have the supply cut off and have the caravan removed if he paid the bill. He also said in one of the many emails that he was going to the solicitors to see if he could get everything changed into his name. I said I would not be adverse to this providing he paid me the monies he promised to me. He then asked me for a timescale, I gave him a month, bearing in mind he's already had 2 years, he said it was unreasonable and that he would be moving out at the end of this week and that the debt would be mine and I ought to set aside 33k. David does have assets which are largely untouched since his company went into liquidation approx 3.5 years ago. Our relationship broke down because of his behaviour. I was left destitute and extremely poorly.

I will look at this in the morning of thats ok?