12826847

I have received over the last 12 months solicitors letters

I have received over the last 12 months solicitors letters on behalf a large business competitor of mine threatening action on a number of topics. I have answered these personally and have never heard any more on each topic.. Surely if they employed solicitors they must have seen a need for action.
I am of the opinion that they were hoping I would employ a solicitor to answer therefore starting up a chain of costs to my business. I have also had to divert my energies from growing my business to respond to the. Is there action classed as harassment?
Sorry if I'm missing the point but is there any reason you think this may amount to harassment? Are they all without basis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes they are all without basis.
Are they obviously without basis?
Are they all making different allegations?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they are each on a different subject, making different allegations. The last one was 4 weeks ago threating an injunction etc, again without any basis. They even wrote to my elderly father including him as a director of the company. he is not, and never has been a director. I replied to that one pointing out they were totally wrong and have not heard any more. The letter had on it in large capitals "We urgently advise you to seek legal advice"

There isn't any wrongdoing per se in suggesting you take legal advice.
Similarly there is no wrongful act in sending out letters that have no basis. Solicitors are always writing letters upon instructions making threats that their clients probably don't intend to enforce.
The reason that you may have an argument here though is just the sheer volume of the contact. The acts of contact are fairly reasonable in themselves but taken as an aggregate could amount to harassment.
The police will not be interested though. To enforce this you would have to sue in the civil courts.
It might be an idea to send them a letter before action though before you do warning them of your intention to sue if they continue. That might well be an end to the matter.