12826847

Good afternoon. For the last 3 football seasons I have provided

Good afternoon. For the last 3 football seasons I have provided accommodation for a few members of the under 18s team of our local Second Division club.
At the end of the 2013 – 2014 season, I told the club that I would be unable to take any boys for the next season because I have to have medical treatment.
I submitted my last invoice in mid-May for £375 however, despite chasing several e-mails I have not received settlement of the money owed.
I would like to know what I can do legally to recover the money owed.
why have they not paid? What is their account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They have always been a bit slow to pay invoices and there is never an explanation offered.

I do not have account details, previous payments have been made electronically by the club's accountant into my account

Are you willing to sue them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not know much about about sueing and I would need to know more before I decide. For example I am aware that that legal costs could easily exceed the amount that I am owed, and therefore I could lose more than I gain.

Not for this amount.
This is a small claims court sum so costs would be about £35 or thereabouts.
Ultimately the only way to force them to pay is to sue. You are clearly due the money but if a company just will not pay then that is the only option. There are no other leverages that can be brought.
You can issue here
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
Its a good idea to send them a letter before action before issuing though. Sometimes they work. Sometimes not. It costs a stamp though.