13262538

I worked for the department of work and pensions for 40 years

I worked for the department of work and pensions for 40 years and took early retirement in June. Is there anyway the government can take my pension off me I know this is a stupid question but I worry that they can do it
What makes you fear that they could do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just wondered where I or anybody else stood legally. During my 40 years I had the odd disaggreement with my bosses but that was about it I left with my full pension and lump sump. I thought that once it was paid to you unless you did something to embarrass the government or sell sensitive information etc that they could not take it back but my friend disagrees with me.
Unless you are proved to have done something that totally undermines your work - as in you are found to have been spying or something else that amounts to Gross Misconduct of the most extreme kind then your pension is indeed safe
Please ask if you need further details