12826847

I suffered a 3 day fugue episode in December 2012, subsequent

I suffered a 3 day fugue episode in December 2012, subsequent to which DVLA revoked all driving licences, in January 2014 after intervention of my MP I was granted a licence up to 3.5 tonnes. February 2014 I passed a medical for LGV, and sent this along with test results for eeg and mri scans both of which were clear. June my GP contacted DVLA, and I sent chief exec a copy of my consultants report where stated he could see no reason why I could recommence driving lorries. Since December 2012 there have been no problems, and I have taken no medication. I feel DVLA are not considering evidence placed before them, and I feel very aggrieved that I am being denied my licence for no good reason. what should I do now
Are you asking how to appeal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know how to appeal to the ombudsman I want an opinion on whether this will hold up my application still further or if there are any other options to try to speed up this decision which has taken 5 months so far

There is no way of speeding it. The DVLA work at their speed.
You can complain to the DVLA about the delay but the fact of the delay is not a decision that can be appealed.
The truth is here that there just plain isn't a particularly quick solution. You have to wait for the DVLA to make a decision before appealing that decision always presuming it is adverse.
Complaints to the Ombudsman do not slow down the procedure and, in fact, neither do appeals to the court because the DVLA have to make a decision before there can be an appeal.