Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

cAN I NAME A SOLICITOR FOR EXECUTORS IF THEY NEED HELP WITH

Customer Question

cAN I NAME A SOLICITOR FOR EXECUTORS IF THEY NEED HELP WITH PROBATE IN MY WILL OR CAN THE EXECUTORS JUST NAME A SOLICITOR THEY WISH TO HELP?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

You have 2 options-

1. If you want a particular law firm to act as Executors, you can name them in your Will. They will of course charge for their time and I would only recommend that a client appoints Solicitors as Executors if they have no friends/family who are willing or able to be Executors.

2. The other option is for you to appoint 2 personal friends/family members and then they are free to do a lot of the work (ie arrange the funeral/deal with emptying the house etc) and they can also appoint a firm of Solicitors to do the necessary legal paperwork. This would be your best option, and you can leave a letter with your Will asking that they use X Solicitors to do the legal paperwork if they require such help.

9 times out of 10, lay Executors would appoint a Solicitor to deal with the legal side, and they would normally appoint a local firm or one they are familiar/comfortable with.

I hope this assists you and answers your question.

Kind Regards
AL

Hi Vilma,

Can I be of any more assistance to you?

Kind Regards
AL