75100385

Hello. Back in April I ordered a new car from Mini, through

Customer Question

Hello. Back in April I ordered a new car from Mini, through a franchised dealership, paying a £1000 deposit. The car has been delayed due to manufacturing issues, and rather than a 6 week lead time advised at the point if ordering, the car is now expected to be delivered to me by mid August. Can I expect some recompense for the delay, and if so would this be due from the dealership with whom my contract is, or through mini themselves ? I appear to be being passed from one to the other and back again. The car was ordered on 1/4, some 16 weeks ago.
Mini uk, have provided a voucher to the value of £300 for use in purchasing accessories. My response has been that I have already have the required specification on order.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you want to cancel or just some £ please?
JACUSTOMER-mr2bu909- : I understand I have the right to cancel. However, I'd prefer to take delivery of the car, but would like some £ recompense
Alex Watts : Does the contract say that time is not of the essence in the terms please? How much do you want to claim?