75100385

what do I do Haringay council are taking an order for the sale

Customer Question

what do I do Haringay council are taking an order for the sale of my house for a £4,000.00(four thousand pounds) owed to them. what can I do?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you asked the court to pay by installments? Is this as a result of a ccj please?
JACUSTOMER-s5quecf9- :

I have not gone to the courts yet. I have been sent a Notice of Hearing to take place on 13th November 2014 with an Acknowledgement of service questionnaire to complete.

Alex Watts : They had a ccj first though is that right?
Alex Watts : Have you ever applied to the court to pay by installments please?
JACUSTOMER-s5quecf9- :

They do not have a ccj. and I have not applied to the courts to pay but instalments. I did know that was an option. I did speak to the solicitors to come to some payment arrangement but they only wanted the payment in 3 i.e paid in full in 3 months instalments only.