75100385

Hi I have signed an agreement with our static caravan site

Customer Question

I have signed an agreement with our static caravan site owner to sell our caravan for £21,000 through them. But today when I asked a friend to email them and ask for a price for our caravan they have said it is up for sale on behalf of the owner for £30,000. I did this because we had heard rumours from other owners that this practice of putting a mark up on the price without the owners knowing was going on. We have had numerous people view our caravan this year according to the site owners but after this revelation I now understand why it has not sold. They do not have our permission to ask for a higher price than the contract we have agreed as they will still take 15% from the sale. We are now in a position where we have to pay another £3,500 for site fees next year as I am confident if the site owner had asked for our agreed price it would have sold before now.
Where do I stand legally, as I consider this as Fraud
Val Kotecki

Alex Watts : Is there a contract between you and the owner which says he can charge a markup please?
JACUSTOMER-a4qdohn4- :

No

JACUSTOMER-a4qdohn4- :

JACUSTOMER-a4qdohn4- :

Are you there

JACUSTOMER-a4qdohn4- :

You have not answered my question in any way

Alex Watts : Yes I need more information before I can answer.
Alex Watts : On what baiss is he saying he can charge a markup please?
Alex Watts : Ok, I will answer this regardless
Alex Watts : The Mobile Homes Act allows the owner to impose only a 10% commission, nothing else.
Alex Watts : The owner is acting illegally by trying to get more.
Alex Watts : You would be able to sue him for breach of the Act and also claim back the additional year fees.
Alex Watts : You need to write, set out your losses, say he is in breach of the act and request a payment within 14 days.
Alex Watts : If he refuses then you can issue a small claim.
Alex Watts : You can do this online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
Alex Watts : For more information about what the owner can charge for being the 10% only please see
Alex Watts : https://www.gov.uk/park-mobile-homes/selling-or-giving-away-a-park-home
Alex Watts : and
Alex Watts : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/236390/130617_fact_sheet_selling_a_home_final.pdf
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/