UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Im a leaseholder and I paid the managing agents a large sum

I'm a leaseholder and I paid the managing agents a large sum of Money for external repairs . Seven months have passed and there still no sign of any work and no satisfactory explanation. Can I withhold payment for my service charges until work is started or can I ask for the money to be paid back .
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
How much did you pay and how much is your service charge to pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I paid over 6000 pounds for the external work and the service charges come to 2100 pounds

Yes, you may inform the Managing Agents to set off the service charges from the sum you have already paid for the major works.
May I help further?
The money which you have paid for the major works I.e. The £6000 is held in trust for you and you may specify that you will top up this money when the works commence.