75100385

I am a landlord and my property will not be ready for occupation

I am a landlord and my property will not be ready for occupation for 1 week after the move in date in the lease agreement. What are the legal implications for the property not being ready on time ?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Have you informed your tenant and if so, what was the response please?
Customer:

No not yet. Basically my old tenant texted me to say she could move out a week earlier and so I signed a contract with my new tenant. Since doing this my old tenant she is now saying she can't move out earlier (in an email)

Alex Watts : Technically you are in breach if contract and could be sued for any losses flowing from the move in date, such as extra accommodation costs efc
Alex Watts : But speak with your tenant they may be underatanding
Alex Watts : But you are liable for any costs incurred by the tenant
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thanks for this. That's all I need.