75100385

hello I had an existing phone line with TalkTalk and a separate

hello
I had an existing phone line with TalkTalk and a separate one for internet. they called me up and advised me that they could offer me better rates if i moved my broadband onto my existing phone line and i should also move to fibre optic broadband. i agreed to do this and in the moving over process, they cut off my phone line for nearly 3 weeks. I had to send 2 of my staff home as they could not work but i still had to pay them. i am a very small business and this has had a massive impact on my business to the point i do not know if it will survive. am i entitled to any compensation?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Could they just not divert your incoming calls to a mobile?

Alex Watts :

Is this a residential or commercial line please?

Customer:

the phone lines are now working but no they did not offer that service at all.

Customer:

its commercial

Customer:

they are saying they are not willing to compensate me at all on 3 weeks of paying staff that could not work.

Alex Watts :

Does it say anything in the terms and exclusions about them limiting liability please?

Customer:

i can't seem to find anything in the correspondence they sent me

Alex Watts :

What are your losses?

Customer:

but its probably in there somewhere knowing them!

Customer:

about 3500 in wages

Customer:

im not sure how much damage this has done to my actual business

Alex Watts :

Less than £10,000?

Customer:

its hard to put a figure on it but i would say so

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

thank you

Alex Watts :

Happy to help

Alex Watts :

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go

Alex Watts :

If the system wont let you or you need more help please click reply

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/