75100385

We have booked a coach tour with g line holidays to an hotel

We have booked a coach tour with g line holidays to an hotel on the edge of the Cotswolds.One of the tours is to Highgrove Gardens and in the brochure it does not state that this is a 2hour tour, where there are no facilities for toilet break, or anywhere to sit down.My husband has diabetes, and needs a loo frequently, and he also has chronic back pain so he needs to sit down for a rest.We on ly learned about this when we received the itinerary for the holiday which was on Saturday.We go away on Wed 14th Aug.We have contacted the tour company who has said we should take a shooting stick to sit on , but this gives no support to my husband back and their attitude was we either go on this tour or not. Also on this tour, in the Autumn Brochure an extra tour is on the itinerary, which is not on our tour and it is the same price.We feel we have been cheated all round.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you ask about the facilities at all?

Alex Watts :

What is it you would like to achieve please?

Customer:

I think we shoud be compensated for this tour, as we now have to make our own arrangements on this day.We did not ask about the fascilities because we thought their would be toilets etc as their is in Buckingham Palace.This should have been stated in the brochure.

Alex Watts :

What was the cost please? How much are you seeking back?

Customer:

We paid £230 each, i.e total £460 for my husband and myself for 3 days, 2 nights at the hotel which is a few miles from anywhere.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

You can argue they are in breach of section 13 of the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 as they have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

excellent advice

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Can I help further?

Alex Watts :

If not might I invite you to rate my answer before you go

Alex Watts :

If the system wont let you or you need more help please click reply