tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Can i sue a leading uk bank for fraudulently altering legal

Can i sue a leading uk bank for fraudulently altering legal documents over 10 years ago
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question. My name is***** can help with this.

tdlawyer :

Where there is fraud which has concealed a potential claim, there is no time limit that applies until you discover the fraud.

tdlawyer :

Then, time would start to run again once you had uncovered the fraud.

Customer:

The bank gave me overdraft on my works ( Cherry Tree Works ) this was my garage , my home was called Cherrytrees both properties were on seperate deeds , at some point some one changed the overdraft document from Cherry Tree Works to Cherrytrees no signature by the side of alteration , My company went into receivership and the bank sued for the overdraft an foreclosed on my home not the garage ( Cherry Tree Works ) how do i stand

tdlawyer :

Well, if they swapped details fraudulently and without permission etc., then the document wouldn't be enforceable.

Customer:

It got very confusing and complicated , if i have got a case then i will persue it if you think it would be a waste of time then so be it it was over 10 years ago

tdlawyer :

LIke I said, the time isn't necessarily a problem if you didn't know about the fraud, and even then, if this was done by Deed you would have 12 years anyway.

tdlawyer :

I think you should take it to a solicitor to have a look at for you, perhaps on a no win no fee arrangement. A good look through the papers is important to be able to tell you whether there is a claim.

Customer:

OK thank you very much I have all the documents and a copy of the document that was alterd so I will persue it with vigor Again thank you Alan

tdlawyer :

You're welcome. Good luck. Can I just check you're happy with my answers today please?

Customer:

Very happy thanks

tdlawyer :

Also - you might wish to consider a complaint with the ombudsman http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

tdlawyer :

Although, don't wait for an outcome - see a solicitor straight away because of the time limits issue.

tdlawyer :

Good luck!

Customer:

Ok will do cheers Alan

tdlawyer :

Thanks Alan.