75100385

I tried to book a flight from the Uk to India with Turkish

I tried to book a flight from the Uk to India with Turkish Airlines via an agent i.e 'Omega Flight Store'. While paying for the booking, the payment could not be processed and in result of that the booking was frozen till I hear anything again from the agent regarding repayment. When I did not hear anything from them. I tried another booking with another agent i.e. 'Carlton Leisure' as the price was rising quickly and the agent confirmed the booking. The next day, I get a mail from omega flight store asking for to confirm card details as soon as possible to confirm the booking. By mistake, I got confused in both of the agents and in hurry thought that Carlton Leisure is asking to confirm it and gave the card details to omega flight store.
Now I have got two duplicate non-refundable tickets with same details of mine. I tried with both of the agents to understand the situation and to cancel the booking but no agent was ready to it as they are not authorized by the Turkish airlines to full refund the ticket.
So, I explained turkish airlines the situation and the regional manager assured that he will help me in this case and considered that turkish airlines is liable to full refund one ticket and he also assured me that he authorise the ticket for me and suggested me to travel with one of the tickets. I travelled with one ticket (omega flight store) that was cheaper. when I came back from India and checked with agent if they have got the authorization from turkish airlines which they did not get by then.
Finally, Head office (Turkish airlines) started to claim that my tickets were duplicate in all sense but only one thing is different that is 'the fare'. So they can not full refund the ticket anymore.
This all process took them around 8 months to finally refuse me the full refund with a stupid and unfair reason.
Now I have got harassed very badly in this instance as I am an international student here. financially so poor.
What should I do now?
Please help.
- Vijay
P.S. I have got all the conversations in e-mail.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

They are in breach of Section 13 of the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 by failing to act with all reasonable skill and care.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Is there any chance to get the refund anymore ?

Alex Watts :

There are County Court fees yes.

Alex Watts :

They vary please see:

Alex Watts :

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/fees

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

I booked in August and these all proceedings took time till may

Alex Watts :

That is ok - you have 6 years to make a claim

Customer:

yes .Sure

Alex Watts :

Does this answer the question today for you?

Alex Watts :

You have rated POOR SERVICE, despite me giving you the legal answer and telling you how to go about making a claim

Alex Watts :

What else is it you need to know and I will do my best to assist.

Alex Watts :

You have rated POOR SERVICE twice now

Alex Watts :

What else is it you want to know about this?

Alex Watts :

I have told you how to sue the Company and given a link to show you the cost of issuing a claim

Alex Watts :

How else can I help you?