Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I didnt think we needed probate as we have a will and its

Customer Question

I didnt think we needed probate as we have a will and it's states that we r the ecxutors...so u have to have probate regardless
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi again,

I'm afraid that even if there is a Will, Probate is required to be obtained, IF your Mother left an Estate valued at over £5,000. Some Banks will allow the Executors to close the deceased's account if ther eis under £5 or £10,000 in it without seeing Probate, but the majority will insist that you both obtain Probate if the value of the Estate is over £5,000.

What I suggest you do is to speak to the Bank concerned and see what their policy is.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

AL