75100385

How do I get my money back on a kitchen. I ordered one on 13th

Customer Question

How do I get my money back on a kitchen. I ordered one on 13th March, they called to confirm delivery on the 27th May to be delivered on the 29th May. No kitchen, when called they said they had forgotton to paint it and would be delivered in 2 weeks. Yet again no show, two more dates gone, no show, I cancelled by phone, and email. Having lived without a kitchen for 1 month I bought a Magnet over the counter one on the Saturday. On the Tuesday the long waited for kitchen turned up even though I had cancelled it. I paid in full on the 27th May as the money had to clear and I didn't want to give cash to the courier. I have tried to reclaim my money in writing, I have emailed - there is no proper address to use. The switchboard works for several companies, and the company involved wont answer my calls or emails. It is Kitchen Design Lancashire and is a Vance Miller company. They owe me 3,695.00 pounds. I have threatened legal action but yet again have had no response. What can I do. Thank you. Andrea Dermott.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

How did you pay for the goods please, by what method?

Customer:

Online bank transfer from my current account to their account for which they provided details of a Santander account.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you. I shall try that, does it have to be done in writing, as I cannot find a 'real' address for them. the address given is a two up two down house in Manchester. Does email count

Alex Watts :

Email does not count.

Alex Watts :

Their details should be on any invoice or if they are a Limited company at Companies House

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

Thank you. I shall try Companies House again.