UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

hi, please I have a question, wondering if you can help me,

hi, please I have a question, wondering if you can help me, I got married to my husband at the age of 18 when I had an indefinite leave to remain in UK, I am 22 now and m husband recently applied for indefinite leave to remain and he used my home address so I can help him receive the letters due to his work. the problem is, I live with my mother and its her house, she jus recently found out about the marriage and is threatening to go and report that my husband got his residency out of fraud because he never lived in the address but I said he did. my question is; does she have a case? cos now my family is threatening me to get an annulment or they will report, please help I am confused
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
When was your husband's application submitted?
Why did he lie about his place of residence?
Have you not lived together as a couple?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The application was submitted 10th July and he has already received his indefinite leave to remain, i live with my mother and she has not been in support of the relationship and has been threatening me to end it, so when we got married i didnt tell anyone becos I know they would never support, so I hav been staying with my mother and my husband works in and out of London all the time depending on where his contract job takes him, so when it was time to apply I felt it was better if I use my address in order to receive any correspondence on his behalf, since we are not sure what his next address will be, that was why we used my address, but now my mother and brothers are threatening to report me and my husband as frauds, i didnt do anything fraudulent, do they have a case? Please help me

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for you reply.
The home office can revoke indefinite leave to remain for reasons such as deception etc, in your case if your husband has lied about his residence and his relationship with you ie not residing with you etc and your home not being his place of residence then the home office can review his file and can revoke his indefinite leave to remain.
If he has stated in his application for indefinite leave to remain that he has been residing with you at your home address and in truth he has not, then yes if they contact the home office can review his file and decide whether to revoke this indefinite leave to remain.
The home office however, will look at the whole situation ie your situation at home and also if your relationship with your husband is still subsisting, but the issue maybe that you and your husband are not currently residing together and this can have a negative effect on the case.
You should be aware that if the home office decide that he has lied on his application, then his indefinite leave to remain can be revoked and he can be deported from the UK.
I am sorry if the advise given is not what you wanted to hear but unfortunately, lying or being deceptive to the home office only has negative consequences on applicants.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.