12826847

Hello. i have recently been made aware that someone has made

Customer Question

Hello. i have recently been made aware that someone has made an erroneous blog, using my name and a photo of me, claiming to be me, that is spouting race hate related content, unethical and immoral views. that i do NOT agree with.
i dont know wot to do and am at my wits end.
thankyou.
Are you asking what action you can take?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have had problems since i paid! the site asked me for my contact info,ie my email. and when i typed it in i was told,"this Email was used to register another member". i have tried calling the customer service line only to be told that the number is ***** recognised. W.T.F?

You need to ask customer services about that on***@******.*** are you asking what action you can take?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes im asking what action i can take.

Obviously this person is likely to be somebody you know. It might have been random if they were using a fictitious name that happened to be yours but given the use of the photograph its likely to be a targeted action.

This would amount to harassment. You could report it to the police. They may be reluctant to act because its not simple but you could complain to the IPCC.

If you want to get this removed then you will be able to sue the hoster. They will not tell you the poster without a court order. They will only be able to identify the IP address but that is fairly good evidence. You will need to seek an injunction either to reveal the IP address so that they can be sued in harassment or to force the publisher to remove it. The problem with that is that it doesn't stop the poster posting again so you may need to do both.

There is a cost involved but you can recover it.