12826847

HI there I moved in with my partners 3.7 years ago, I am

Customer Question

HI there
I moved in with my partners 3.7 years ago, I am wanting to understand if I have any rights as the house is owned by him, I have put some money in to the decoration, bathroom upgrade, carpets and the garden etc and I am trying to understand if I am entitled to anything. Can I get the money I put in as well as the money for the furniture etc that we have bought which I am going to leave behind
Any advice would be appreciated
thanks m
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much have you spent on the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

The property recently valued at £375K, the mortgage probably £25K mortgage left. I have put in a few thousand not to the mortgage itself. More to some of the things we have paid for on the house I am clear that John has paid for the major changes to the house however we did the bathroom up and bought furniture and garden which has definitely added to the value of the house

Thanks Maree
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there

John has had the house and owes very little on it maybe less than £25K. It was recently valued at £375K, I know that I have not put any money into the house as in mortgage. However over the few years that we have been here there has been alot done to the house, some of this john paid himself other things have been done and come from the joint account that we have had, or I have paid for some things myself. I am not wanting to take very little of the furnishings as they were bought for the house. However i do think that I have added alot to the house and the time and effort I have put into decorating, gardening which has been totally redone etc has added value and I want to understand if I have any entitlements

thanks maree

How much has the work on the property that you have funded increased the value of the property?