12826847

My father is 103yrs of age, and I am his only daughter..he

My father is 103yrs of age, and I am his only daughter..he is in a care home and decided to use a solicitor as lasting power of attorney instead of me. Is there any way that this can be overturned? At this precise moment he is waiting for a doctors visit as he has a UTI and is very aggressive..the care home want to call the solicitor out to give permission for the doctor to send him to hospital to be re-hydrated...this kind of thing has been going on for the last 2years or so as my father blames me for his present situation - that is, being put into a home. At the time I also had a very sick husband in the intensive care unit and was unable to take care of both of them at home. I hope this is sufficient information for you, and that you can advise me, thankyou,
Christine
I'm sorry to have to tell you that if your father had for mental capacity at the time we granted this power and it appears that he has for mental capacity now, it is not possible to get it overturned unless he agrees.
The only grounds for getting it overturned are if the solicitor is doing something which he should not be doing, all is not doing something which you should be doing which does not appear to be the case.
I'm sorry if this answer is unfavourable for you
Can I clarify anything?