12826847

I moved in with my partner 3 years 7 months ago, he owns the

Customer Question

I moved in with my partner 3 years 7 months ago, he owns the house which is now worth 375k, and has current mortgage of 25k. He has recently broken up with me and I am wanting to understand what I am entitled to, I have put time and effort plus joint money in doing a range of things that have improved the house some of the bigger stuff he paid himself otHers like the bathroom painting carpet garden etc etc has been done via our joint acc. I feel that the effort I have put in has significantly increased the value of the house he wouldn't normally disagree, we also have brought a variety of furniture together which I don't really want to take with me as was bought for the home. What am I legally entitled to in this instance, he wants me to give him a number however I am not sure if he is pushing because he is kind or he knows that I have more rights than he is saying, please advise next best step
Thanks Maree
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
How much have you actually spent on furniture carpets paint etc?.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Maybe 15 to 20k in totall or around this number
In what way do you think that the work you have done/funded has increased the overall value of the property - and by how much?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I think that it has significantly increased the value a new valuation we had done recently was 45k more than he thought it was worth. I feel we have added significant value whilst I appreciate the market risen he was shocked at what the value was

Thanks m

I am afraid that since you are not married I have to be very specific - how much has the work you PERSONALLY have done and paid for increased the value of the property?;