12826847

I think I might have been maliciously reported for benefit

Customer Question

I think I might have been maliciously reported for benefit fraud tonight. Should I contact the benefits agency in the morning or should I wait for them to contact me? What is your advice?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Why do you think somebody has done that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

because they have texted me and told me they have

I presume the allegation is untrue?

Do they accept it was untrue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes its is untrue but they dont accept that should we go to the benefits agency in the morning?

No, there is no point in that. They will not be ready for an interview anyway.

If you want to make contact then you really should write in. It will not speed up their investigation but at least you will have shown that you are available to discuss this matter.

They will investigate this matter and, if they find enough evidence to call for an explanation, invite you in for an interview. Since you have a denial to offer you should really attend and offer your explanation.

There isn't any point in charging down there first thing but you can make contact with them.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this is awful how long will this go on for

The DWP can be very slow.

They will just have made an anonymous report anyway which may or may not be acted upon.

If they do act upon it then I have know these investigations last 10 months or more I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/