75100385

Good morning Ruined holiday to south Korea we booked and paid

Good morning
Ruined holiday to south Korea we booked and paid for a couple of weeks holiday when we arrived the hotel had not received payment leaving me my wife and her sister looking for somewhere to stay we eventually got one in a luxury hotel which we had to share the next day as it was a big festival week all hotels were fully booked we got one in a hotel that was not open it was being built when we told the owner our tale they gave us two rooms the builders were finishing it we stayed there for two weeks we had to spend most of our money on hotels thank you norman
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Alex Watts : Did you pay on credit card please?
Customer:

Yes initially to travel Republic and cash to second and third in korea

Alex Watts : Ok. Who did you pay for your intended hotel? The travel company?
Customer:

Yes to travel republic

Alex Watts : They are based in the uk?
Alex Watts : Please don't attempt to rate until I have given you an answer.
Alex Watts : I am on the train so appear on and offline
Customer:

Yes they are based in Kingston Surrey.

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : You are seeking the refund of the extra costs you paid, so the hotels
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce
Customer:

We have been refunded I want to no if I can claim compensation

Alex Watts : You could claim a nominal amount but it would be no more than £500 or so.
Alex Watts : But the procedure is the same as above,
Alex Watts : Does that clarify matters for you?
Customer:

Yes thank you