75100385

My partners current solicitors have ceased work under CFA due

My partners current solicitors have ceased work under CFA due to there being little chance of retrieving legal costs due to there being limited assets to claim from although the claim itself is very large. We are unable to take this matter further on a private basis due to our lack of funds however I do feel something should be done to take this matter further on the basis that the company my partner was working for at the time was not insured and they have been trading for 40 years and we believe still trading without relevant insurance and placing other people in a life changing situation like my partner. Any ideas as to what I may do, if anything? Any advice would be appreciated. My partner shattered his foot, heel and shin. He had Ilizarov frame fitted December 2013 and is having his 6th operation today, there is no saying how long this frame has to be on for and he could have lost his leg from knee down which is now looking unlikely but still not guaranteed.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Do they consider prospects of success to be over 51% please?
Customer: Hello Alex, They did not state a percentage just stated prospects of success are poor even though there are good prospects to succeed with the claim
Customer: Sorry, prospects are poor in relation to retrieving legal costs
Alex Watts : Do their terms and conditions on the CFA allow them to terminate if costs prospects are poor please?
Customer: I believe so, yes
Alex Watts : Ok if it does then that is bad news, they can terminate.
Alex Watts : 1) represent yiurslef
Alex Watts : However if you can't afford representation you have 2 choices
Alex Watts : 1) represent yourself
Alex Watts : 2) approach the bar pro Bono until to see if they can help
Alex Watts : Www.barprobono.org.uk
Alex Watts : But sadly these are the only options available to you
Alex Watts : You could always try another solicitor of course
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: Yes I believe so
Customer: Yes I believe so, sorry if you have received this before but I am unsure if you received this earlier
Alex Watts : Ok?
Alex Watts : I can't see what you said I received earlier?
Customer: I have to take my partner to hospital now so will save and exit, I assume we can continue later as I have still to receive advice?
Customer: Is this working?
Alex Watts : Yes you can come back later.
Alex Watts : I am on the train so do appear on and offline
Customer: Sorry Alex I have just found where your response is, let me check them
Alex Watts : ok
Customer: I was expecting a similar answer however the info for pro bono solicitors is helpful so will try that option. Thank you for your assistance.
Alex Watts : Happy to help. Good luck with this and if I have answered your question might I invite you to rate the answer before you go.
Alex Watts : If the system won't let you or you need more help please click reply.