12826847

My Partner & I parted 11 months ago after 16 years together.

Customer Question

My Partner & I parted 11 months ago after 16 years together. We never married. When we first got together, it was agreed that the house she was buying & most things were left inher name, as her husband left her with nothing, when they parted & she had two children. The children are grown up now, with families of their own.
Although on paper She paid the morgage & paid the bills, I contributed to all the other bits, bought the shopping (food) Maintained the house, fitted Bathroom, kitchen & kept decor up to date.
Cost of house then £56.000, in 2012 we sold that house for £225.000 & bought a bigger house. Then parted after 12 months.
Is there any claim I can make against my ex (common law partner) Bennifficial Claim? & if so, having left it 11 - 12 months, am I still able to make a claim?
When you purchased the second house did you again discuss who would own it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was agreed it would go in her name again, she wanted security. I actually didn't get a lot of say in moving or purchase.

One we moved is when relationship started going wrong.

Have I got any claim from the profit made from first house, seeing as during the sixteen years together, I'd done an awful lot of DIY & added many pounds to the property.

So there was a discussion of sorts - did you admit that you had contributed towards the increase in value?
How much did the bathroom and kitchen cost you?