12826847

Is it illegal for a man to read his fiances emails without

Is it illegal for a man to read his fiances emails without her permission? This was on her person laptop computer and he was trawling for evidence of an affair.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She and I had a love affair two years ago. Which we then terminated. Now and then she drops me a 'keeping in contact' email now and then and I respond. Her new lover has been reading these emails without her permission and has threatened me that he will send them to my wife.

There is no offence in reading emails per se.
There is an offence under the Computer Misuse Act of making a computer perform an authorised action. It is fair to say that is not generally an offence that interests the police though.
I'm very sorry if this is bad news.
Sending them to your wife may amount to a malicious communication though and the police probably would act upon that but that doesn't prevent him sending them in the first place.
I'm very sorry.