Have a query to with Hairdressers. I have been for a haircut

Have a query to with Hairdressers. I have been for a haircut (trim) this week ans what a mess. My hair is very long and I asked for a trim. The hairdresser has made such a mess of it the only way I can get it to look half decent now is either to have more length cut from it (one side is near an inch and a half shorter already) or to have expensive extensions put in. I am trying to find out what my situation is with getting the hairdresser to pay for it and to compensate me for her errors. I have asked her about it and all she said was next time you come in we can do you a free cut. I didnt even get offered a refund.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this,
Alex Watts : How much are you seeking to claim please?

The cost of the extension ( appx £240.00 + monthly up keep) until my hair has grown to a length suitable to be cut again. Its also about making sure this lady cat treat anyother customers the same. As she almost sni**ered when she said Mmm it does look a bit odd. Sorry.

I suppose I'm trying to find out where I stand in pursing this matter via a solicitor. ?

Alex Watts : How much is it you want to claim? You do have a claim as pursuant to section 13 of the sale and supply of goods and services act 1982 they have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Do I need to give her the opportunity to put it right as I really dont want her anywhere near my hair again with scissors.

Alex Watts : Exactly. You ask for a refund / compenation. I think in the circumstances you won't need to allow her to put it right.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?

Very much so. Really appreciate your advice I havent been able to go out of the house for 2 days. lol.

Alex Watts : ah, well I hope it resolves.
Alex Watts : If this does answer your question might I invite you to rate my answer today

You can and I will.

Alex Watts : If the system won't let you or you need more help please click reply

thank you.

Alex Watts : thanks
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience