How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ash Your Own Question

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10914
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Have a query to with Hairdressers. I have been for a haircut

Resolved Question:

Have a query to with Hairdressers. I have been for a haircut (trim) this week ans what a mess. My hair is very long and I asked for a trim. The hairdresser has made such a mess of it the only way I can get it to look half decent now is either to have more length cut from it (one side is near an inch and a half shorter already) or to have expensive extensions put in. I am trying to find out what my situation is with getting the hairdresser to pay for it and to compensate me for her errors. I have asked her about it and all she said was next time you come in we can do you a free cut. I didnt even get offered a refund.
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this,
Alex Watts : How much are you seeking to claim please?

The cost of the extension ( appx £240.00 + monthly up keep) until my hair has grown to a length suitable to be cut again. Its also about making sure this lady cat treat anyother customers the same. As she almost sni**ered when she said Mmm it does look a bit odd. Sorry.


I suppose I'm trying to find out where I stand in pursing this matter via a solicitor. ?

Alex Watts : How much is it you want to claim? You do have a claim as pursuant to section 13 of the sale and supply of goods and services act 1982 they have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Do I need to give her the opportunity to put it right as I really dont want her anywhere near my hair again with scissors.

Alex Watts : Exactly. You ask for a refund / compenation. I think in the circumstances you won't need to allow her to put it right.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?

Very much so. Really appreciate your advice I havent been able to go out of the house for 2 days. lol.

Alex Watts : ah, well I hope it resolves.
Alex Watts : If this does answer your question might I invite you to rate my answer today

You can and I will.

Alex Watts : If the system won't let you or you need more help please click reply

thank you.

Alex Watts : thanks
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10914
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice