31090051

I have been renting a shop for over 3 years, that is in a tenement

I have been renting a shop for over 3 years, that is in a tenement block and the landlord has now decided that I should be paying the factor fees and building insurance. I know that it has to be in the lease before he can charge me these extra fees but I can't understand part of the lease. Would you be able to let me know if it is included in my lease.
It is 4 pages and I have scanned it into my computer.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
I can help you with this. Please send your file to***@******.*** and ask them to send it on to JGM. I am a Scots law expert and will assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for replying. I have done that.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. I've been told by the moderator that the email address has now changed to***@******.***. If you could send to that address it would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on it's way. Thanks

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
I'll look out for it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have you received the files from support yet?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
No, the moderator is based in the US and there is a time lag of 8 hours typically. I will come back once the document is received.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
I've had a look at the pages you kindly sent me.
From the pages you have provided, the tenant is due to pay rent, rates and buildings insurance. Factoring charges aren't mentioned unless they appear in part of the lease that you haven't sent.
I hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is the only parts I have, so if the factor fees aren't mentioned in these but are in any pages I didn't get, do I still have to pay?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you will if factors fees are the obligation of the tenant under the lease. The lease is a contract and if it says you are to pay common charges then that is part of the contract. You should obtain the whole lease. Typically a full repairing and insuring lease, which this would appear to be, would impose an obligation on the tenant to pay factoring charges but you have to check the whole lease.