75100385

Ihave had 3 car insurance policies voided over last 3 years

Customer Question

Ihave had 3 car insurance policies voided over last 3 years .
It all started with an accident claim that went to court in 2011 , after the actual Incident which happened in 2010 .
An online quote did not link the two together , and even though i explained all this , other insurance companies do not belive me .
I was not made aware that i had to tell insurance companies of this error , and now because i am wanting a fair quote i seem to have a problem .
Ihave never defrauded anyone , but feel i am being treated like i have .

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you declare the previous accident after you renewed please?

JACUSTOMER-737z8sj1- :

Yes .The accident i had in 2010 went to court in 2011 , and in August that year i wanted to take out insurance with ageas ,as i put everything on line , i checked all details of all incidents and dates were correct , but their system did not marry up the court decision which was back dated to may 2010 when incident concerned happened .

JACUSTOMER-737z8sj1- :

Why do these insurance companies behave like this ? i understand everything that they go by has to be correct , but no one seems to be interested , only to charge me for something they have not done . That is insuring my car for me .

Alex Watts :

So you declared it back then but you are still being declined.

Alex Watts :

Sadly the ONLY option is to complain to the Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

They regulate insurance companies and can consider complaints

Alex Watts :

They can investigate your complaint for free. Their website is: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Alex Watts :

But sadly this is your only option

Alex Watts :

If the Ombudsman finds against you sadly that is the end of the road

Alex Watts :

But hopefully the Ombudsman will resolve it

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/