75100385

two separate people with two separate solicitors were considering

Customer Question

two separate people with two separate solicitors were considering challenging a Will where money was left to Mr X.
The Solicitor for person A wrote out to the witnesses in the will asking them a few questions and they replied, making a couple of mistakes which they later rectified.
The witnesses were never contacted by the Solicitor for person B
Neither of the Witnesses was ever told that they were in anyway making a statement to A that could be used in court or be communicated in any way to B a third party and they told this to the Solicitor for person A.
Person A then decides not to be involved or join in the case and so they write to X and inform him that they are no longer instructing A's solicitor and that they will not be taking an active part in the dispute.
Person B however decides to continue with the case and there is a case conference in a month.
The question is; can the Solicitor for person B access and use the information that A gathered from the witnesses without 1/ the consent of the witnesses isn't their data protected from being given to a third party?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Does the witness consent to the information being shared please?