12826847

I am an Iraqi PhD student at the University of Sheffield. My

Customer Question

I am an Iraqi PhD student at the University of Sheffield. My wife’s sister is Swedish. She invited us to visit her to Sweden and sent us the desired invitation. In the visa application center in London, the officer refused to receive any of my many documents that prove I will return back to UK and told me that the university letter is very enough. Furthermore, she provided me with a written paper for the desired documents, which I provided in full. After 10 days I received a visa refusal notice stating that “your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained”. After that I send an appeal to Sweden but they did not respond to me and it is seems that they transfer my case to a Swedish court where it will take years to process.
My question is that I consider this as a scam because all my papers were complete. I think that the refusal decision was taken according to hidden rules they can’t declare, or they take their decision prior to and regardless of my application, and this is a theft using the law. In this situation, can I sue the visa application center and the Swedish embassy?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Sweden, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Niclola:

Thank you for your kind response. First, I prefer to leave my question open. Secondly, my question is not about Sweden, it is about a theft happened in UK by a Swedish party. The theft is simply like that, they put requirements for visa, I provided them all of them with an affirmation to prove I will come back to UK. The visa application centre officer refused to receive them except my university letter and insisted it is enough to prove my coming back to UK. They refused my visa because they can't make sure that I will come back to UK. In this case, either the visa officer is wrong and caused my refusal, or the Swedish visa body is wrong. As the response to my appeal lasts for about a month this mean the visa body confirm its initial decision and transfer my case to a Swedish court, which is unacceptable for me as I can not attend such trail.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola:

I hope you can find a professional to assist me. I will continue waiting for you.

Ghanim XXXXXX

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi:

Thank you for your letter. Kindly know that I am accepting your offer for returning my deposit. I am faithfully happy to consult you and looking forward to send more enquiries to you.

Ghanim XXXXXX