UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

We have been contacted by the Notary Office in Lisbon saying

We have been contacted by the Notary Office in Lisbon saying that our holiday membership has been sold but we have to pay taxes on sale. All paperwork seems genuine from Ordem dos Notarios, Portugal. Goggled names &addresses and all appears to be real people &places. Regards ***** *****

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What is your query please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is this a scam or could it be real
Do you have any holiday membership in Portugal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, it was bought in Spain. It is not a timeshare, it was supposed to give you cheaper luxury holidays but was not for us.
james

How did they know you are looking to sell whatever this holiday product is and did they send you an email or a letter by post?

Also, how much do they say they have sold it for and how much are the taxes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Product was on data base and they phoned to say it had been sold for £10,200 and we had to pay £816 for taxes. Now they want £1,480 for other fees. Girl from Notary Office has just been on phone sounding very convincing. The money has to be paid by money gram at post office.
James
I would advise you not to send them any money, no matter how convincing they are as I think it could be a scam.

You should tell them to deduct the money from the sale proceeds and send the balance to you.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** thinking along the same lines. Regards ***** *****

Cheers ***** ***** luck. Money gram and Western Union are commonly used by fraudsters.

Please leave feedback