Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

I bought some scam shares over 10 years ago a company in tokyo

Customer Question

I bought some scam shares over 10 years ago a company in tokyo called Taito securities group say they have a buyer at 2.5 dollars I have 74000 shares they say the restrictions need removing before there customer can buy them im sure its a con but the amount is so large I have to check it mike
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mike,

Are you being asked to send any money?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes 12 cents per share to remove the restrictions they call it recertification deposit , I have had a lot of similar calls over the last 10 years oviously all bogus this chap says very hard to get people on this because of all the bogus people but that's probable his way of scamming . Wanted to check company and Harrogate phone no out as if theres a slim chance its genuine its about 100k thanks mike

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes 12 cents per share to recertification of the shares

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello is there anybody there

Hello, sorry I was in a meeting.

I would advise you not to send any money and stop contact with this person unless you are absolutely sure he is genuine.

Taito Securities Group have a website and you may contact them directly and ask about your shares whether they are able to help you in selling them
Www.taitosec.com

May I help further?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

with respect I had worked out not to send money that's why I contacted you how do I find out if taito securities is a genuine company also that the phone number *********** is not a real Harrogate number thanks mike

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes just want to know if genuine or a scam believe its a scam but 100k is a lot of money not to fully check mike

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am not sure why the previous expert opted out but you can be absolutely certain this as a scam, There are certain US securities which are subject to dealing restrictions but it is not up the seller to remove them. It is simply nonsense. This is quite a feel known scam. You don't name the securities you purchased but I am sure they are worthless and these people are just playing on your hope that you might get something back. Anyone operating in the UK in dealing with securities needs to be FCA authorised and Taito is not - the website provides no real information- no names no regulators no corporate identity. It does not identify what sort of company it is or who it is regulated by and yet claims to be leading investment bank. All Investment banks are regulated usually in several jurisdictions.These sort of websites are the hallmark of an organisation that has no substance
You are correct to be highly suspiscious. Never pay money to someone who has contacted you out of the blue . Never pay money in respect of securities to someone who is not regulated by the FCA - if you do you will have no comeback.

Come back to me if you get any further information form them but I would be minded to report them to Action fraud