UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

i am applying for spouse visa for my wife in India. I am currently

i am applying for spouse visa for my wife in India. I am currently in India and will be leaving on 18th August. There is a question in the online application asking my current location "where is the sponsor now". Does mentioning that I am in India currently will have a negative impact on the application? Is my current location of any importance?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
It all depends on when you will be submitting the application online, if you will submit this on or before 18th then you need to state that the spouse is in India, and then in the extra information box at the end of the application state that the spouse is in the UK visiting until 18th August and will be returning to the UK then.
If the submitting of the online application is on or after 18th then you need to state that the spouse is in the UK.
Your location does not matter provided you clarify that you are only visiting Indian and will be returning the the UK on 18th August.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.