75100385

This is not bankruptcy, but is to do with ccj. My daughter

Customer Question

This is not bankruptcy, but is to do with ccj. My daughter is trying to get finance, a check shows a ccj from 2012. This is for £268. She took a phone contract in her name for her then boyfriend who paid the bill. They split up in 2006 he stopped paying, but told her nothing. At some point the contract was cancelled. She moved in later with someone else, that relationship ended in 2011 and they moved moved away from their home. It appears a ccj was taken out for the phone bill in 2012 and sent to the address she had moved from in 2011. The court said the ccj was retuned to the solicitor, she doesnt mind paying this but is concerned that additional costs may have been added since then and may be liable for thise as well.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
If the CCJ was for £268 then costs will be limited. This is because as a small claim or Judgment in default, costs are fixed by the Court.
So any additional costs will be limited.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
II shall be speaking with her in about an hour or so, I may have to get back to you on that. In the meantime, can you give any indication as to what those costs may amount to ?
£50 on issue of a claim and £22 on Judgment.
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** speak to her and contact you further after that.
Regards. Christine
Great. If it turns out this does answer your question might I invite you to rate my answer.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, your assistance gave my daughter the confidence to make contact with the original solicitors and is now settling the account.

Christine
Happy to help!

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.