12826847

I was given a simple caution in February 2014. I stole again

I was given a simple caution in February 2014. I stole again on 30 and 31st July, total of £243.00 from Boots the Chemist and was stopped and charged.
I have a court case on 14th August. What may happen to me. My younger sister told me of a horrible incident between her and my older brother just before Christmas 2013. We talked about this again the week before i stole.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know what the punishment will be. i have not shoplifted prior to this but have suffered from an abusive childhood, a complete lack of love from my parents and a dysfunctional relationship with most of my brothers and sisters except for two of them to whom I am very close.

My youngest sister was raped by my brother and this had a major mental impact on me. I also work in a hospice where I look after the dying. I will be leaving this job as I think it is not good for me. The rape is something that I talked about endessly with my youngest sister when I visited her in Aberdeen during the w/e of 19/20 July and I think this disarray of my thoughts contributed to my shoplifting.

You will be given a fine or a conditional discharge.
If they got the goods back on both occasions in saleable condition then there should not be a compensation order.
Boots may well exclude you from their premises though. They may also instruct a debt collector to write to you seeking a sum in civil recovery though. That is completely unenforceable so you should not be intimidated by those letters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Will this happen there and then? I also have the police duty solicitor. Do you think that I need him?

I will also be handing in my notice at the hospice as I will not be allowed to work there once the DBS is completed. They are currently renewing this and i have today been given the form to complete.

I appreciate your answers very much.

Yes, it probably will. Its not all that likely they would want a pre sentence report over this.
The duty solicitor would be a good idea.
No problem.