29905560

I run a limited company (small business - employer 3 people).

Customer Question

I run a limited company (small business - employer 3 people). how do I stand on HOIDAY PAY

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are the people working for you employees or self employed?

JACUSTOMER-fkyhzp06- :

employees

JACUSTOMER-fkyhzp06- :

Hello Ben.

JACUSTOMER-fkyhzp06- :

Hello, I've asked a question, but I've not got a reply and I started to go through the process again. but then they wanted more money.

Ben Jones :

Apologies for the slight delay, I experienced some temporary connection issues earlier on. All seems to be resolved now so I can continue with my advice.

Employees have the right to receive a minimum time for holidays, depending on how much they work. There are various ways of calculating an employee’s holiday entitlement and that would depend on whether they have regular hours of work, how many days per week they work, etc. You can calculate the entitlement in weeks, days or hours, depending on what is easiest.

As a starting point an employee working 5 days a week will be entitled to a minimum of 28 days’ paid holiday a year. This can include all or some of the bank holidays. If they work less than 5 days a week then their entitlement is calculated pro rata (for example someone working 3 days a week will only get 3/5ths of the 28 days a full time employee would get, giving them an annual entitlement of 16.8 days).

The easiest way to calculate someone’s entitlement is by using this holiday calculator and you can apply the individual circumstances for each employee to get their annual leave rights:

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-holiday-entitlement

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks