29905560

Hi I work as a regional valuer for a fast selling property

Customer Question

I work as a regional valuer for a fast selling property company. I signed my initial contract 18 months ago which stated one weeks notice. I now want to leave I handed my notice in last Saturday and understood my last working day was today. This evening I have the owner of the business threatening to sue me if I don't work 8 weeks notice? about 6 months ago we were sent literature about increasing the notice period but because I thought it was unreasonable I wouldn't sign or agree to it. He is now telling me that I emailed him saying I agreed to it which is ridiculous as I wouldn't agree to an increase of notice . I am very conscious to do everything as I should and this is causing me an immense amount of distress he is threatening to sue me for £90,000 I have a young family and this will definitely be keeping me awake tonight. When I handed my notice in last Saturday he verbally agreed to one week but only this evening when I emailed him a good will greeting has he responded in such a way. Please Help. Pete

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Has he provided any evidence to show that you had emailed him to accept this proposal?

Ben Jones :

Hi, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Has he provided any evidence to show that you had emailed him to accept this proposal?