12826847

A newspaper has posted an article putting mine and my familys

A newspaper has posted an article putting mine and my family's lives in danger, despite the police explaining the danger caused by the said article they have refused to remend or remove this article, what can I do about this?
Have they said anything untrue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
That is a problem I'm afraid.
There are very few controls upon the press in the UK. A free press is a hallowed part of our constitution.
There are, of course, the laws of defamation but they only cover damage to a person's reputation caused by untrue or misleading statements.
If its just that the article exposes you to danger, there is no way of removing that.
The Government does have power to prevent the press from printing things that are literally in the damaging to national security but that isn't the position here.
The police can ask them not to print certain things but they cannot control them.
With ongoing court proceedings there is an application that can be made to restrict the press but you have to show that your life is literally in immediate danager and also even then the restrictions are always very minor and the press just find ways around it. The Court will stop them printing an address for instance but then they just name a person and carry a photograph. There are very few blanket restrictions.
I am sorry but our entire constitution is set up to prevent restrictions upon the press.