12826847

I have just sold my caravan to an approved buyer on a site

I have just sold my caravan to an approved buyer on a site near Blackpool. The site owner has approved all the deal and has claimed her commission. During the course of selling the site owner has been kept advised of all actions and about 4 weeks ago agreed to refund my site fees for this year. She was given all information regarding the sale and was kept updated with progress throughout and was given written confirmation of costs etc. she provided me with the site fee costs etc. now the sale has been completed and a price agreed taking into account the fees etc quoted, she has now said that because her licence agreement states that no refunds should be given after 30th June she will only give £500 in lieu of full fees of £1630. She had a verbal agreement with me to refund in full but has now said she is making no profit on the sale( all conducted by me) and does not need to refund anything but will give £500 as a good will gesture.
How binding is the verbal agreement she made with me and is she legally entitled to follow this course of action?
A verbal agreement is a contract. It is no worse than a written document. A written document is just evidence of what has been agreed.
If she received a commission for the sale then you did have a contract with her and if this was a term of it then she is bound by it.
The difficulty with verbal agreements is that they are hard to prove that written documents but if you are able to convince a court that is what she said during the course of sale negotiations then she is liable to pay.